Job Title: Head of MarComms
Reports To: Director of Marketing
Contract: Permanent / Full time
Wasps acquired the Ricoh Arena in October 2014 and finished this season top of the premiership. With this ground-breaking acquisition Wasps is now one of the largest rugby clubs in Europe with world class facilities.
The Ricoh Arena is an award-winning venue which has a mix of state of the art conference, banqueting, exhibition, hotel, music and sports facilities. Visited by over 1 million people each year it is a firm favourite in the UK for music promoters as well as business and sports event organisers having hosted global artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Coldplay, Rihanna and Robbie Williams.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Community, managing a small but dynamic team, the Head of Marcomms will be central to the marketing function for Wasps and the Ricoh Arena. The role will be responsible for ensuring for the effective communications to all customers, both consumer and trade, visiting the Ricoh Arena. In addition the Head of Marcomms will be expected to work across multiple media and broadcast platforms defining a clear strategy to develop audience reach.
Key tasks will include;
- Provide a strategy for, and effective delivery of, content across, Web, App, Wasps Tv, Social Media, Trade Press.
- Working closely with all parts of the business including Ricoh sales, Wasps, Hospitality, Retail, Partnerships and Marketing to provide dynamic delivery of messages from a multi functional business.
- Work closely with external agencies and partners, including PR agency, to maximize campaign effectiveness.
- To develop creative comms strategies, campaign management and execution for all Wasps and Ricoh Arena events.
- Manage and motivate a small team of comms executives providing clear guidelines for success.
- Build strong relationships with a variety of organisations including; promotors, national sporting bodies, local agencies and trade bodies.
- Ensure brand guidelines and partnership agreements are adhered to always in consistency of marketing materials across the Ricoh arena.
- Provide the Marketing Director with on-going and post-campaign effectiveness reports and making observations and recommendations to drive continuous improvement.
The successful candidate
- At least three years’ experience in a relevant environment
- Extensive knowledge of marketing techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrable experience covering a broad range of communication and marketing methods
- Possess excellent digital marketing skills and knowledge.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and sell ideas
- Strong prioritization, multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal & communication skills
- Ability to perform within a busy environment
- Knowledge and experience in venue, music or sporting environment would be an advantage
Hours of work
This is 40 hours per week. The flexibility to work outside normal office hours and cover event days both match and non-match days is a requirement of this role due to the nature of tasks involved. This may include weekends and public holidays.
What’s on offer?
Competitive Salary and 28 days annual leave including Bank holidays.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 2nd January 2018, however we reserve the right to close this advertisement earlier if required.
Interviews: w/c 15th January 2018