The Ricoh Arena is recruiting for the new positoin of Staffing Officer.
Come and work with us.
The Ricoh Arena is an award winning venue which has a mix of state of the art conference, banqueting, exhibition, hotel, music and sports facilities. Visited by over 1 million people each year it is a firm favourite in the UK for music promoters as well as business and sports event organisers having hosted global artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Coldplay, Rihanna and MTV Crashes event.
Wasps acquired the Ricoh Arena in October 2014 and set an Aviva Premiership attendance record for a home ground fixture in their first game at their new home, in December of that year. With this ground breaking acquisition Wasps is now one of the largest rugby clubs in Europe with world class facilities.
About the role
The role and responsibilities of a staffing officer is to coordinate the steward staffing needs of the business on behalf of Arena Coventry Limited. This will include staffing Wasps home rugby fixtures at Ricoh Arena as well as any other event which is managed onsite by Arena Coventry Limited.
Key tasks will include;
• To be the first point of contact for the Casual stewards held on the ACL database.
• Liaise and co-ordinate the staffing of Wasps home rugby fixtures along with any other event managed by ACL onsite at Ricoh Arena.
• Liaising with the Operations Department and Safety Manager as to the requirements per event. Delivering the required staffing levels using the in-house casual database as well as liaising with external agencies to provide the shortfall when needed.
• Manage the recruitment of new casual workers which may also include attending induction evenings for new starters.
• Administer all casual worker personnel files including new starters ensuring they are kept up to date in line with the company policies and update with any training achieved by the casual worker.
• Ensure all details held onsite for the casual workers are current and amended accordingly when requested. i.e. next of kin details, email and telephone numbers.
• Communicate shift requirements with the entire database and filter when needed for specific events i.e. SIA requirements only.
• Process the signing in sheets for payroll post event and provide to payroll for payment in line with the set deadline.
• Coordinate all casual workers requirements internally i.e. holiday pay, access pass requirements etc.
• Attend all Wasps home rugby fixtures as well as ad-hoc events where by casual stewards are required, to cover staff check in and out.
• Support the operations team on match/event days in between staff check in/out.
• To provide administrative support to the entire Human Resources department where needed which may include but is not limited to filing, coordinate training for permanent employees as well as casual workers.
The successful candidate
Will be well organised and able to prioritise actions, with attention to detail and accuracy in a fast paced environment.
Posses excellent written, interpersonal skills and experience of report writing and writing to senior managers and other authorities.
Have xcellent Microsoft skills including Excel and Powerpoint.
Happy working in a busy office environment, but also on occasions working independently.
Whilst not essential some operational experience would be an advantage.
Previous Staffing knowledge would also be desirable but not essential
Demonstrate a professional approach which generates credibility and confidence in others.
Be confident & assertive with a self-motivated approach & flexible attitude.
Be a problem solver and committed to self development.
Hold at least 12 months office administrative experience
Hours of work
This is 30 hours per week, preferably 5 out of 7 days. The flexibility to work outside normal office hours and cover event days both match and non-match days is a requirement of this role due to the nature of tasks involved. This may include weekends and public holidays.
What’s on offer?
An annual salary of £16,490 (Actual Salary £12,367.50) and 28 days annual leave pro rata including Bank Holidays.
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 22nd June 2018