22 Aug 2012
Be part of Europe's largest ever amateur poker tournament at the Ricoh Arena. 22nd August - 27th August 2012
The GUKPT Goliath, the ultimate amateur deepstack poker championship, is back!
This huge £100 + £20 event broke the European land-based entry record last year and offers its entrants a prizepool usually associated with only the highest stakes tournaments. Six days of poker at the Vegas-style Grosvenor G Casino, Coventry at The Ricoh Arena will see a new champion emerge from an estimated 2,500 entrants.
Last year Lee Rawson outlasted a field of 1,765 to take home £32,705 for toppling Goliath; the 2012 mega-tournament seeks to break new ground with a 50% bigger field and cement its place in the record books.
Whether looking to bag a seat directly into the Goliath £100 + £20 Main Event or win a £1000 package including hotel accommodation and expenses, feeders into guaranteed super satellites (running on Mondays and Tuesdays) take place daily online.
Feeders into package satellites start from just 60p, while the seat-only qualifiers begin with complete freerolls – an investment of £0 could become first prize at one of the biggest events ever seen in Europe, guaranteed at a minimum of £25,000!
Goliath £120 Seat-only Qualifiers
• Goliath Freeroll Feeder (Daily)
• Goliath £1 Rebuy Feeder (Daily)
• Goliath £10 Rebuy (Every Monday 8pm) 5 Seats Guaranteed
Goliath £1000 Package Qualifiers
• Goliath Stage 2 Feeders (Daily) £0.60/£0.80
• Goliath Stage 1 Feeders (Daily) £4/£5/£7
• Goliath £40 Freezeout Super Satellite (Every Tuesday 8pm) 3 Packages Guaranteed
Here is a taste of what is to come at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry from the 22nd-27th August, 2012:
- Three start days featuring late and re-entry
- A guaranteed prize pool of £100,000 with a minimum top prize of £25,000
- A 25,000 starting stack and 40 minute clock
- 25% of the entrance fee donated to Marie Curie Cancer Care
- Extra prizes on offer for the 2012 Goliath Team Challenge
- Live streaming every day from a feature table and live blog
The Goliath Team Challenge
The Goliath Team Challenge is already accepting entrants. Up to six players may compete in a team, their in-the-money finishers contributing points to their total score. The highest scoring team earns a plethora of prizes including entry into next year’s event and a $1,000 private online tournament, while their top two finishers earn £1,000 GUKPT Main Event seats. Click here to register a team.
For more information on the Goliath Event click here Goliath 2012