Imagineering Fair 2012
9 Oct 2012
Jaguar Exhibition Hall, Ricoh Arena
LADY GODIVA’ TO GREET VISITORS AT IMAGINEERING FAIR!
‘Lady Godiva’, centrepiece of the Godiva Awakes project, will be greeting young visitors to the forthcoming Imagineering Fair at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry on 20-21 October. This 6-metre high marionette will be a major feature at this exciting family event, fresh from her recent journey down to the Olympics, powered by 34 cyclists – and there will be an opportunity for people to see Godiva moving, operated by 6 puppeteers!
The Imagineering Fair returns to the Jaguar Exhibition Hall at the Ricoh Arena with the largest-ever line-up of high profile companies and organisations, providing scores of fantastic hands-on engineering and technology activities for youngsters. There will be lots of fascinating mechanical, electronic and solar challenges, including Meccano as well as simulators, robots and much more, for example:
• Jaguar Land Rover, major event sponsor, will be demonstrating its 4 x 4 In Schools Technology Challenge and F1 in School-Jaguar Primary School Challenge, with activities for youngsters including navigating remote control model 4 x 4s and making a model race car from card and racing it.
• Caterpillar – where youngsters can get up close to some iconic vehicles.
• Making a model JCB Backhoe Loader.
• Opportunity to see a large scale model of the BLOODHOUND SSC, the rocket-powered supersonic vehicle set to break the World Land Speed Record in 2014.
• Learning about energy systems with National Grid.
• Learning about modern automotive, aerospace and marine engineering.
• Trevor Baylis, the famous inventor of the clockwork radio, will be chatting to visitors of all ages.
Most of the action takes place undercover in the Jaguar Exhibition Hall so is not weather-dependent and there is plenty to occupy youngsters for hours.
Each ticket is valid for BOTH days making the event especially attractive for families!
The Imagineering Fair is organised by the Imagineering Foundation, an independent education charity dedicated to promoting exciting engineering and technology opportunities to youngsters through fun hands-on activities, inspiring the future generations of engineers.
The Imagineering Fair, supported also by Ricoh Arena, will feature: Aero Engine Controls; BEETEG; Caterpillar; Denford Ltd; Flamefast (UK) Ltd; Forgottenmobile.com; GE Aviation; GE Energy; Heritage & Culture Warwickshire; HME Technology Ltd, Imagineer Productions; Imagineering JLR Education Business Partnership Centre; IMarEST; IET; IMechE, Jaguar Land Rover; JCB Excavators Ltd; MAD Museum; MTA; Meccano Fun; Mechatronics International Ltd; MTC; National Grid; RJH Finishing Systems Ltd; Roaming Robots; REME; Scientific Communications; Severn Trent Water; The Smallpeice Trust; Technology Supplies Ltd; University of Warwick.
Contact: Joy Smith, PR Manager, Imagineering Foundation
E: firstname.lastname@example.org M: 07785 707151
Early Bird Family Tickets (2 adults & 3 Children) priced at £15.00 can be obtained at http://www.theticketfactory.com or T: 0844 338 8000