DSPY Awards 2012
Deaf Sports Personality of the Year
With less than three weeks to go, the Ricoh Arena in Coventry is getting ready for an exciting night of surprises at the Deaf Sports Personality of the Year 2012 Awards.
The Awards recognise OUR Deaf athletes for their notable achievements during the year 2011-2012 remembering how our Deaf athletes worked hard to reach their best performance. They are often ignored by the public for their notable achievements and struggled to find funds but they carry on with pride and still being involved in their sport.
To make the event even better this year we have made some big changes:-
- There will be a 650 seated theatre setting suitable for deaf viewing of the stage. A number of deaf torchbearers will be attending to inspire our evening.
- A new wireless voting system will be available for every seat to allow you to press a button to vote who you want to win each category.
- The bar is in a separate room from the seated auditorium so there are no distractions.
- Everyone will also receive a programme book to show the order of categories being awarded.
- There will be a video montage for you to enjoy memorable video clips of sports that took place between 2011/2012.
- After the awards you can continue your evening in the Casino which will give free entrance to Awards Ticket holders and closes at 6am.
DSPY exists to recognise the sporting achievements of Deaf athletes representing Great Britain (Enlgand, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales). As part of this recognition, DSPY aims to support Deaf athletes by raising funds to go towards their participation in the Deaflympic 2013, Sofia, Bulgaria from 26th July- 8th August.
They also aim to support the GB team entering the European Deaf Badminton Championships in 2014 (locations and dates to be announced soon). For additional supporters and sponsors information go to www.dspy.co.uk/links
Tickets for Deaf Sports Personality of the Year 2012
To buy your tickets - click www.dspy.co.uk/ticket.html