Date: 26 Jan 2019
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Location: Ricoh Arena, Phoenix Way, Coventry, CV6 6GE
Report to: Head of Commercial Sales
Salary: Competitive plus commission scheme
About the role
Working in the commercial team, the primary responsibility will be to contribute to the sales strategy of the department along with other Commercial Managers and the Head of Commercial Sales. Responsible for designated geographical areas for targeting new businesses and ensure a strategy is created to execute the plan to achieve the overall team target.
Key tasks will include;
- Create a business development plan based on knowledge of the geographical areas, focusing on networking and delivery of sales strategy for retaining business around current match day opportunities and drive incremental sales to those client groups.
- Work with the Head of Commercial Sales to set the proposition and oversee match day operation along with the team
- Be the designated sales contact for identified lounges on a match day
- Actively target businesses and individuals to sell across the range of the Wasps commercial portfolio within the agreed designated geographical areas and SIC classifications.
- Have a proactive view to outbound calls and seeking new opportunities within your designated areas
- Work with the Head of Commercial Sales to agree targets for growth and the sale of all available commercial inventory across defined postcodes.
- Ensure all new leads generated by the team are logged accordingly on the designated database management software and kept up to date with new contacts to maximise sales opportunities and contributing towards a strong/active database.
- Instigate and conduct face-to-face client meetings generated from in-bound and out bound sales calls.
- Ensure all sales generated are negotiated and secured before handing over to the Operations Manager for client delivery and fulfilment.
- Can demonstrate a proven track record in sales and of achievement of sales targets and have experience in working within a strategic department and will be able to initiate and drive sales independently.
- Will possess a strong network of contacts with experience of strategic prospecting and cold calling at Executive level with a clear passion for selling across the club’s portfolio of rights.
- Strong management and mentor skills to influence and guide others within the team and to develop the Commercial Executives.
- Will be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- Hold great communication skills and can negotiation with clients execute maximum sales opportunities.
- Possess a ‘can-do’ attitude, self-driven and determined
- The ability to multi-task and thrive within a busy sales environment, working as a member of a busy commercial team.
- Follow the office work place dress code
- Team spirited
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner
- Hold a UK driving licence and have access to their own vehicle for off site visits and client away days.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 5th February 2019