Doubletree by Hilton at the Ricoh Arena – Hotel Sales Manager
Date: 31 Jan 2019
This is a new role for the hotel created due to the expansion and growth of the hotel which is an integral part of and operated by the Ricoh Arena. The venue offers a 32,000 seated stadium (home to Wasps RFC, Wasp Netball and Coventry City FC), an established music destination offering outdoor and indoor arena and 6,000 sqm international exhibition hall catering for global exhibitions as well as a range of other conference facilities
A Hotel Sales Manager analyses local market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that keep the hotel a leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Hotel General Manager the Hotel Sales Manager will be part of the hotel leadership team.
As Sales Manager, you will analyse local market trends and competitor activity to recommend strategies that ensure the hotel maintains its position as leader in the marketplace through the development of future and repeat business. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Analysing local market trends and competitor activity to identify business leads
- Developing customer accounts and travel within the local area to drive business into the hotel and to increase market/customer share in all revenue streams across the hotel’s competitive set.
- Negotiating room rates/packages with corporate clients
- Working with the Wasps and Ricoh Arena Marketing team assist in developing and implementing creative local marketing channels, including social media channels always in line with business brand standards.
- Preparation company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions
- Work collaboratively within the hotel and venue current business strategies and recognising potential opportunities
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel and the venue to create an exceptional Guest experience and build a strong and, comprehensive sales program that works alongside and compliments the existing venue sales strategy
- Attend Sales events, as required
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs of the Hotel General Manager and senior management to include the reporting of appointments, calls made and business leads. This will also form part of the Key Performance Indicators for the role.
- Always answer customer queries in a prompt and professional manner
What are we looking for?
A Sales Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our guests and working with other Team Members. The successful candidate will work alongside the existing venue sales team.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work in a busy environment and under own initiative
- Experience in a sales role with a proven track record to close a sale
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge and understanding of the local market in the West Midlands
- Knowledge and understanding of hospitality
- Demonstrate a passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field would be an advantage but not essential as relevant experience will be taken into consideration.
Competitive Salary + Commission Scheme
Two Wasps Season Tickets
Death in Service Insurance
Onsite discounts at Wasps Retail Store and The Mill Bar and Bakery
Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 11th February 2019