Job Title: Event Safety Officer
Term: Permanent / Full Time
Salary: Competitive (available upon enquiry)
Location: Ricoh Arena, Coventry
Ricoh Arena is seeking an experienced individual to operate as the Safety Officer for the Ricoh Arena for all major events in the stadium and the venue. To be the principal advisor on all spectator-related safety issues. Meeting all the requirements of the Safety Certificate in relation to all events held at the venue ensuring all events are operated safely and in line with policies and procedures.
- Assume overall responsibility for event safety at the Ricoh Arena on major event and match days.
- Assist in creating an Operations Manual to cover all requirements of event safety.
- Main representative of the Club at Safety Advisory Group meetings and the lead on event safety and security matters
- Main point of contact pre-event and during event with stakeholders, including local authority, Police, Sports Ground Safety Authority, Medical and other emergency services
- Assist with ensuring the required equipment and personnel are identified and procured for each event. This will involve recruitment and training of event stewards and security.
- Budget management for stewarding and other event safety expenditure.
- Knowledge and at least 5 years experience of safety and security arrangements in crowded places, large venues and sporting stadiums, including counter-terror experience.
- Experienced in spectator safety management at sporting events.
- NVQ Level 4 or equivalent Spectator Safety Management or be prepared to work towards the qualification.
- Capable of formulating and delivering detailed operation plans which include dealing with contingency planning and risk assessments.
- Strong leadership including organised and clear and concise communication skills with the ability to lead large teams.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment, making sound and timely decisions.
- Awareness of customer service and how it dovetails with event safety.
If you have the experience and skills for the role please submit your written application, with current salary, including covering letter and CV to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 21st May 2021.
Interview dates TBC.
Interviews will follow strict COVID-19 guidelines.