About the role
An exciting opportunity is available for Guest Services Members to join our busy team within the operations department at Ricoh Arena. You’ll maintain high standards of customer service and communication whilst providing a professional and supportive persona. A flexible approach to work and ability to work as part of a team or on your own are essential. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
The guest services department is the main point of contact for guest enquiries. In this role, you will provide guests with advice, answering queries and resolving problems. The ideal candidate will need to be confident when handling guest’s queries and complaints and escalate where necessary. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be willing to deal with guests both over the telephone and face-to-face.
Principal Duties and Role Responsibility
You will operate on a day-to-day basis as part of a small team, with minimum day-to-day supervision from the Venue Security Manager. It is expected that you will plan and prioritise those tasks received via the venue management, in order to ensure they are carried out within agreed timescales and according to priority. This will require you to demonstrate initiative in the arrangement of your immediate work priorities.
- Meeting, greeting and welcoming visitors in a professional and friendly manor to provide guests with an exceptional first and lasting impression
- Opening up of the function rooms around the venue as required for the day
- General clerical duties
- Manage lost and found property to venue policies and procedures
- Handling of any cash payments as required
- Answering incoming calls to the venue and directing to the correct departments, taking messages or Screen telephone calls where appropriate
- Managing incoming and outgoing courier delivers and post duties
- Producing venue signage
- Directing visitor’s to meeting rooms, managing VIP guests.
- Fire marshalling of guests visiting the venue
- Local information - be ready to share your knowledge and experience of the area to help our guests make the most of their holiday time
- Keep visitors book up to date and provide name badges for guests
- Ability to hand sensitive situations in a confidential manner
- An ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal reports
- Flexible team member with ability to communicate with the colleagues, client, visitors and members of the public
- A good standard of computer literacy (including MS Office applications: Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Good Organisational skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Previous Corporate reception experience and front of house duties
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and other departments
- A positive can-do attitude
- Educated to GCSE level or above – (Including English & Maths)
- Complaint handling experience
- A willingness to work cooperatively and constructively with both peers’ groups, service partners and leadership provided by the Management and Directors
- Ability to adapt to technological advances in the workplace
- Physically able to carry out duties
- Be polite and friendly at all times
- Proven reliability including ability to deliver high standards of both punctuality and attendance
- Self-Motivated and able to maintain a high standard of personal presentation
- Willingness to undertake training as required
Hours of work
You will be contracted to work 30 hours per week. As our Venue is open 365 days of the year, your working hours will include weekends, public / bank holidays and during Christmas and/or New Year on a rota basis. Shifts will be allocated between 8am and 10pm sometimes later depending on the business demands. Flexibility to work outside these hours due to the nature of the role and willingness to work additional hours as overtime to cover absences and sickness when required.
What’s on offer?
- A Competitive Salary (Pro-Rata)
- 28 days annual leave (pro-rata) including Bank holidays
- A range of other benefits including; Death in service insurance*, discounts available in the Wasps Retail Store and in the Mill and Bakery, Two wasps season tickets*
*following probation period
Closing Date: 22nd March 2020