Maintenance Engineer - Electrical / Mechanical
Permanent / Full Time
Wasps acquired the Ricoh Arena in October 2014 and finished this season top of the premiership. With this ground breaking acquisition Wasps is now one of the largest rugby clubs in Europe with world class facilities.
The Ricoh Arena is an award-winning venue which has a mix of state of the art conference, banqueting, exhibition, hotel, music and sports facilities. Visited by over 1 million people each year it is a firm favourite in the UK for music promoters as well as business and sports event organisers having hosted global artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Coldplay, Rihanna and Robbie Williams.
About the role
- To undertake skilled electrical and mechanical tasks, installation work and general maintenance work to Company facilities and equipment.
- To understanding and maintaining the facility’s Electrical and mechanical services, BMS, fire alarm, air conditioning systems, cooling plant, heating and ventilation systems.
- Undertake general building maintenance works to Company facilities and equipment.
- Undertake water management testing and inspections in accordance with current regulations and record findings.
- Supports and advises the Maintenance Supervisor of new electrical and mechanical designs and improvements to facilities to improve the quality and efficiency of the service provided.
- Supports the Maintenance Supervisor / Facilities Manager in liaising with Managers, contractors and other agencies in connection with Exhibitions, designs, displays, events to include security improvements or other specialised building and construction work.
- Maintains awareness and adheres to current good working practices that conform to health and safety regulations and legislation.
- Advises the Maintenance Supervisor or other Managers of incidents or readings, which may indicate serious existing or potential problems so an informed judgement can be made.
- Carry out pre-match and post-match checks for all Rugby and Football Matches or major events to all designated areas as determined by the Maintenance Supervisor or Facilities Manager.
- To understand and operate the building management systems responding to temperature requests and climate adjustments. Training will be provided.
- Work a flexible 40 hour a week system on 5 out of 7 days to cover the Arena’s programme of special events and Match days.
- Available on a voluntary call out basis to cover any urgent electrical / mechanical issuesBe part of an on call rota to cover the onsite casino tenant on 1 out of 5 weekends
Education / Qualifications:
The candidates should be time served or skilled in electrical and mechanical engineering.
Possess a City and Guilds qualification parts 1 & 2. 236 or equivalent training.
Electrical Qualified 17th Edition regulations or above (Essential)
The candidate must have practical experience working in large commercial buildings, exhibition halls, multi-functional facilities, hotels or similar.
Skills and abilities:
Be able to work on their own initiative.
To drive and possess a full clean driving licence.
Ability to work as part of a multi-skilled team and meet deadlines.
A flexible approach to work and types of work to be undertaken.
Must be physically fit and be prepared to work at height.
To have adequate communication skills both verbal and written to
- Complete work administration sheets and operate a handheld PDA to receive and sign off tasks.
- Deal with tenants, customers, staff and colleagues courteously and professionally.
It would be an advantage of having a qualification or experience on HVAC
Awareness of relevant Building Regulations and codes of practice.
Must have a flexible approach and a willingness to train and be developed to meet the department’s future needs.
Awareness of and a commitment to health and safety and its legal requirements.
Hours of work:
This is a full time role of 40 hours per week working 5 out of 7 days. The flexibility to work outside normal office hours and cover event days both match and non-match days where required which will include weekends and public holidays.
*following probation period
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 22nd March 2020