Date: 28 Oct 2019
Security Services, Operations Department
Venue Security Manager
Permanent / Full time
Rotating Shift Pattern all year round
Wasps acquired the Ricoh Arena in October 2014 and played their first game at their new home in December 2014. The acquisition confirmed Wasps as one of the largest rugby clubs in Europe.
The Ricoh Arena is an award-winning venue which has a mix of state of the art conference, banqueting, exhibition, hotel, music and sports facilities. Visited by over 1.5 million people each year it is a firm favourite in the UK for music promoters as well as business and sports event organisers.
About the role
An exciting opportunity is available for several Security Officers to join a new security services department within the Ricoh Arena, you will need to be qualified to SIA licensed Door Supervisor and CCTV Operatives.
The purpose of the Security Team is to provide a highly visible, efficient, friendly, pro-active and responsive security service to the Venue. You will be working as part of a larger operations team to create safe and secure Venue for all staff, contractors, clients, visitors, members of the public and other stakeholders associated with the Venue.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team to;
- Maintain the security of the Venue providing a highly visible, efficient, proactive and responsive security service to all persons associated with the Venue and to deliver this service in accordance with agreed instructions, policies and procedures as well as dealing with emergencies as they arise at the Venue.
- To check on working practices, crime prevention and advise accordingly to ensure the security and safety of both internal staff and contractors as well as external clients, visitors and members of the public.
- To respond to calls for assistance across the Venue premises and where necessary to deal with intruders, crime and disorder.
The post holder will not be part of the match or events security team on the ground, you may be expected to help and support operations of the venue whilst these are taking place within the venue on the direction of management.
Principal Duties and Role Responsibility
The post holder will operate on a day-to-day basis as part of a small team, with minimum day-to-day supervision from the Venue Security Manager. It is expected that the post holder will plan and prioritise those tasks received via the Venue Security Manager, in order to ensure they are carried out within agreed timescales and according to priority. This will require the post holder to demonstrate initiative in the arrangement of their immediate work priorities, including successfully managing any conflicting demands in request priorities, possessing a basic awareness of the options available and being able to make effective and appropriate decisions in order to ensure the security, safety and welfare of those within the Venue.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring compliance with health and safety procedures and also for accurately recording incident logs.
The role will impact on all staff members, contractors, customers, tenants and members of the public at the post holder is responsible for ensuring the security and safety of Venue premises and their contents at all times.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills and will act with tact and diplomacy at all times. However, the post holder is not responsible for the supervision of other members of the team and does not hold budget responsibility.
Security Operations Responsibilities:
- To assist in the protection of Venue property and community against crimes, trespass and nuisance.
- To be conversant and compliant with site rules always, escalating issues or non-compliances accurately and in line with set procedures and protocols.
- To work collaboratively alongside Front of House Staff, and all other subcontractors to provide a high standard of customer service.
- To patrol the grounds and lock and unlock the building, as required and keep an accurate record of areas accessed.
- To be the first response for emergency action, including but not limited to first aid calls, fire alarm activations, violence and/or aggression and security alerts.
- To hold keys and issue to authorised users, maintaining a register of keys and access cards for this purpose.
- To report and investigate any acts or omissions that may compromise health and safety immediately to the Venue Security Manager or Health and Safety Manager and report all accidents according to the Venue procedure.
Control Room Responsibilities:
To work in the Control Room undertaking a range of duties including:
- To accurately maintain the Fire log by completing Fire/Fire Alarm Activation reports.
- To assume the role of Incident Controller until the Venue Security Manager or nominee arrives.
- To monitor and burn CCTV footage as require under the direction of the Policies and Procedures
- To complete and maintain the Control Room log
- To complete written incident reports and statements as required and to maintain record of events during an incident
- To co-ordinate the distribution of staff during an evacuation.
- To co-ordinate the logging and storage of high value lost property.
- To deal with fire system isolations and reactivations, after receiving correct permits.
- To dispatch initial first aid response.
- To efficiently respond to alarms on the access control system and dispatch officers in response to case alarms.
- To ensure all visitors are signed in and out of the control room
- To ensure the issuing of keys, radios and equipment are issued as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will:
- Possess outstanding communication skills and the ability to handle sensitive situations in a confidential manner.
- Will be comfortable writing and delivering reports
- Enjoy working with colleagues, clients, contractors and visitors
- Have experience of dealing with emergency situations
- Previous security experience of 3 years within a similar security environment ideally within the entertainment/leisure industry would be preferred
- A good standard of computer literacy (including MS Office applications: Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Educated to GCSE level or above – (Including English & Maths)
- Experience of the correct use of security technology (integrated CCTV & alarms)
- Fire Safety awareness (or be willing to complete)
- First Aid at Work Certificate with AED (or be willing to complete)
- Must hold a valid SIA Door Supervision and CCTV licence
Hours of work
This role is 40 hours per week, with a 1-hour break per day. The role will be on a rotating shift pattern, 365 days a year on nights and will include public holidays and weekends. Due to operational circumstances there may be a need to move to a 24-hour coverage this will be stated in advance. There will be need for flexibility to work outside these hours due to the nature of the role and willingness to work additional hours as overtime to cover absences and sickness if required.
What’s on offer?
- A Competitive Salary
- 28 days annual leave including Bank holidays
- A range of other benefits including; Life Assurance, discounts available in the Wasps Retail Store and in the Mill and Bakery
To apply please send you CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: 10th November 2019
Interview Date: W/C 11th November 2019
Apply to become a Security Officer at Ricoh Arena:
If you think you match the criteria of this role and would like to come and work in the exciting and fast-paced environment of the Ricoh Arena then please send your CV along with a covering letter to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org