Stewards at Ricoh Arena
Date: 26 Jun 2018
To take an active role to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, the safety of everyone attending events at The Ricoh Arena, in accordance with the Safety Certificate terms and conditions and ACL's Policy Statement of Safety.
POSITION IN THE ORGANISATION:
The post holder shall be employed on an event day basis, by the Safety Officer, of good educational standard and physically fit. He/she shall report directly to the Supervisor in the zone allocated at each designated event.
- Stewards must book in at the time stipulated by the Safety Officer and not stand down until instructed by their Supervisor.
- On booking in Stewards must collect the correct jacket and any other equipment required to carry out their duties and be in possession of their Safety Handbook.
- Stewards must be correctly attired and smart in appearance. Do not lean, stand with hands in pockets or sit whilst on duty, unless express permission has been given by a Supervisor to sit as part of a specific duty.
- After booking in, stewards must report immediately for briefing and deployment, ensuring they are fully conversant with their duties and action required in an emergency situation.
- Stewards must take their duties seriously - never be complacent, the safety of spectators is paramount. Stewards are paid to carry out a specific duty and should not expect as a right to see all or any of the events. Stewards will be expected to enforce the Ground Regulations.
- Upon taking up their post a steward should familiarise themselves with the location of the nearest fire alarm, fire extinguisher, emergency telephone and Medical Personnel. Also check that there are no loose bars, bricks etc. that could be used as weapons.
- Stewards should be courteous to spectators and direct them to their allotted seats/areas, keeping gangways, entrances and emergency exits clear at all time.
- Stewards must at all times obey instructions given by the Safety Officer, his Deputy, the Chief Steward or any Supervisor and in an emergency situation any Police Officer.
- A steward must never leave his/her post without the express permission of a Supervisor, or unless relieved by another steward.
- Any incident amongst spectators must be reported to the Supervisor or Event Control Room, including overcrowding, signs of distress, general disturbances, drunkenness and any other behaviour likely to affect safety or public order.
- In the case of fire or other emergencies, a steward will be expected to set off the nearest fire alarm and attempt to contain the fire by using the necessary equipment, without putting themselves in unnecessary danger.
- Any found or seized property, or any sums of money received by or on behalf of ACL must be handed in.
- Jackets and any other issued equipment must be handed in at the end of an event, and before going off duty.
- A steward must not bring or allow any person, including children, to enter the ground without payment.
- Stewards must attend all training courses the ACL requires them to attend.
All stewards must hold or be working towards an NVQ Level 2 in Spectators Safety. If you have not already achieved this then this will be arranged by the venue.
Apply to become a Steward at
If you think you match the criteria of this role and would like to come and work in the exciting and fast-paced environment of the Ricoh Arena then please submit your CV and covering email to our recruitment team: