Ticket Sales Manager (Groups)
Date: 19 Dec 2018
About the role
The primary objective of the role is to sell tickets to groups (10+) in key target territories for Wasps Rugby and Wasps Netball across Coventry and Warwickshire: Stratford, Warwick, Rugby, Kenilworth, Leamington Spa, Nuneaton, Bedworth and Coventry city centre. There is a secondary focus on rugby clubs in the wider West Midlands and in to Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
A group is anywhere capable of selling more than ten tickets per match including places of work, schools, rugby clubs, community centres, sports clubs, pubs, shopping centres, retail parks, office parks. Other potential targets to be identified when working in the key geographies.
This is a new role and will require someone comfortable with helping to define the parameters of the role internally when working with the established marketing, hospitality and community teams that already engage with potential group customers.
Key tasks will include:
- To identify all potential targets within the target area and work independently or through the marketing, community or hospitality teams to engage and drive sales.
- To develop and constantly review the group sales proposition to ensure it stays relevant to the target audiences and fits alongside existing community and marketing initiatives.
- Build relationships over time with key contacts to drive the relationship and maximise group sales from the time of fixtures being announced to the close of the regular season for both rugby and netball.
- Maintain sales records to ensure that any commissions payable to group clubs are paid in a timely fashion and incentives are delivered to expectation, working with the marketing and community teams.
- Use new relationships made to introduce potential leads for the hospitality, community and conference sales teams.
- Delivering a minimum of £100,000 gross sales across Wasps Rugby and Wasps Netball per season.
- Experience of selling goods or services in a community based, field sales role. This could be in sport/leisure or any other related field.
- Self-starter happy to set own agenda and work efficiently under own steam out of the office for extended periods of time.
- Comfortable building new relationships as well as account managing long term contacts.
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to effectively manage competing demands
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Professional, courteous and friendly manner
- Positive mind-set and outlook & solution focused
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Adaptable, driven and proactive
- Ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines and work calmly within a busy working environment
- Clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Hold UK driving licence and have access to own vehicle for off site visits.
- Base salary of £25,000 per annum.
- Bonus up to 100% of salary creating an OTE of £50,000: based on achieving a monthly sales target from announcement of fixtures (August) to close of season (May).
- Two Wasps season tickets.
- Access to company pension and life insurance.
To apply please send a covering letter with you CV to email@example.com