Venue Security Manager
Date: 11 Sep 2019
Job Title: Venue Security Manager
Reports To: Head of Safety & Security
Contract: Permanent / Full time
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits
About the role
The Venue Security Manager will organise and oversee the security operation at Ricoh Arena. This position is regarded as one that will add value to the P&L with savings generated by the increased activity created by a safe and secure environment and reductions in theft, loss and shrinkage.
Reporting to the Head of Safety & Security the Venue Security Manager will manage and develop the venue security provision to ensure that the venue is secure and a safe environment for clients, staff, visitors and members of the public. They will ensure all legal and regulatory requirements are up to date and compliant.
As the home of Wasps Rugby and Netball, numerous Conferences, Exhibitions and Concerts, the Venue Security Manager role is a varied and crucial part of the Operations Team; responsible for ensuring an environment free from crime and the fear of crime, where the core responsibility is to protect People, Property and Profit.
- To ensure that the daily security operation across the Ricoh Arena site meets operational requirements in line with SOP
- To ensure the security provision to the Conference and Exhibition side of the operation is overseen and the day to day operational delivery is met
- Track current security related issues and implement solutions in line with SOP and as directed by the Head of Safety & Security
- To manage and provide effective leadership to the security team to ensure venue security.
- Undertake investigations as directed
- Conduct regular security audits around the venue ensuring issues or deficiencies are reported to the Head of Safety & Security
- Complete and record as necessary accident and or incident reports in line with the venue health & safety management arrangements
- Be part of the venue emergency team in cases of major incident to undertake duties as assigned within your capabilities or training as required
The successful candidate will manage the current security operation, including:
- Analyse security threat information with others, identify areas of concern and implement security solutions
- Monitor and manage the security risk to the venue and the people within from crime, terrorism, crowd control and anti-social behaviour during non-matchday / major events periods in line with venue procedures or at all times when the venue Event Control is not operational
Command, Control, and Communication:
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures in line with other aspects of the venue safety and security arrangements
- Implement and develop the Ricoh Arena Incident Management Plan
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of industry innovations and relevant company and industry rules, regulations and best practice guidelines
- Be responsible for ensuring Venue Emergency Procedures are followed and communicated to the relevant persons including training compliance for all security staff
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with SIA requirements in terms of CCTV, manned guarding and door supervision
- To ensure venue fire requirements are complied with in terms of record keeping and operating of the fire alarm system in conjunction with the Safety Operations Team
- To be the key point of contact for requests relating to incidents requiring download and review of CCTV in line with relevant data protection and evidential requirements
· Demonstrate ability to think and plan both laterally and strategically with a forward looking and creative approach
· Excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Have proven ability of influencing and leadership skills to provide guidance on security matter
· Have credibility and ability to communicate at all levels with customers, management, senior management and colleagues on the status of security issues
· Ability to consider organisation's diverse operational activities and sometimes conflicting regulations imposed by external regulatory agencies, i.e., Venue Safety Guides and SIA and suggest ways to meet both requirements.
· Experience of writing procedures, reports and other documentation.
· Be able to work on own initiative and takes a pragmatic approach to decision making and at the same time consider the longer term and wider implications, well as with a working as part of a team
· Ability to meet deadlines is crucial the ability to work across several projects and manage time effectively
· Ability to manage confidentially information and use discretion at all times
· Relevant experience in a similar role is essential
· Must hold a valid SIA license for Door Supervision and CCTV
· A good standard of computer literacy (including MS Office applications: Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Experience of the correct use of security technology (integrated CCTV & alarms)
- Passionate about Security Management with energy and enthusiasm
- Self-motivated and disciplined, decisive and authoritative
- Flexible, organised and able to work under pressure
- Proactive and demonstrates initiative, drive and commitment to achieve objectives
- Uses interpersonal skills to establish excellent rapport and working relationships
Hours of work
This role is 40 hours per week, with a 1 hour unpaid break per day. The flexibility to work outside normal office hours and cover event days both match and non-match days is a requirement of this role due to the nature of tasks involved. This may include weekends and public holidays.
What’s on offer?
- A Competitive Salary
- 28 days annual leave including Bank holidays
- A range of other benefits including; Life Assurance, discounts available in the Wasps Retail Store and in the Mill and Bakery
Closing Date: 24th September 2019
Apply to become Venue Security Manager at Ricoh Arena:
If you think you match the criteria of this role and would like to come and work in the exciting and fast-paced environment of the Ricoh Arena then please send your CV along with a covering letter to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org