WASPS LAUNCH NEW UNDER ARMOUR KIT FOR 2015/16 SEASON
Wasps has today unveiled the all-new Under Armour kit, which will be used throughout the upcoming 2015/16 season, the first of a multi-year deal.
Global sports brand Under Armour began its support as Official Technical Partner of Wasps in July 2015, with the club becoming the first Aviva Premiership rugby club to wear technical apparel designed by the brand committed to making all athletes better.
The home kit features Wasps’ traditional black and gold colours, with white and gold Wasps’ chosen away colours for the new season, as modelled by the players here.
James Haskell, Wasps and England flanker, said: “The new kit is fantastic. The build quality is great, it looks good and we’re all looking forward to wearing it this season.
“I've got good experience of working with Under Armour and know that it will give the guys added confidence walking onto the pitch, knowing we have the best product available. We’ll be training hard to make sure our performances are equally impressive.”
In addition to match day kits, Under Armour will provide performance training apparel to the Wasps first team and academy squads, all of which will feature Under Armour signature technologies, enabling peak performance in all weather conditions. This includes sweat-wicking HeatGear fabric to help keep players cool and dry and ArmourGrid technology for light, durable strength.
The innovative kit features include:
• ArmourGrid Fabric: Lightweight, breathable Cordura shirt and shorts with ‘no grab’ technology, adding to the competitive advantage
• ArmourStretch: Ventilated paneling with four-way stretch strategically placed to allow full range of mobility and maximum breathability, with extra ventilation across the shoulder blades and under arm
• Armour Grip Technology: A strategically placed grippy area on the body of the shirt aids in catching and securing the ball. In this unique case, the grippy has cleverly incorporated the logos of Wasps’ Main Club partner, Land Rover
• Function Panels: Panels on the shirt in compression fabric and mesh allow the grid sections to function as individual plates, maintaining a freedom of movement without sacrificing on weight, durability and breathability
• Shorts Stretch-Gusset: The gusset provides four-way stretch in a critical flex zone
• Shorts Grippy Waistband: An internal waistband grip prevents the shirt from untucking during play
Chris Bate, VP and Managing Director Europe at Under Armour, said: “The launch of one of our most cutting-edge kit ranges to date will ensure Wasps’ athletes can perform at the highest level every time they run out onto the pitch.
“We’re excited to be supporting one of the most prolific rugby union teams in the sport’s history, with Wasps’ heritage and values aligning perfectly with Under Armour.”
Luke Organ, Group Commercial Director, Wasps, said: “Working with Under Armour has been hugely exciting, not only from a brand position, but also from a technical garment position. Under Armour’s focus on performance is unrelenting and their attention to detail has been incredible. I’m sure our Wasps fans will be as impressed as our playing staff when they see the shirts.”
Authentic and replica kit will be distributed through Wasps new Club Store at the Ricoh Arena, while match day replica kit can also be purchased via www.waspsshop.co.uk and at selected high street sports retailers.
For more information about Under Armour visit www.underarmour.co.uk and follow @UnderArmourUK on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
For more information about Wasps please visit www.wasps.co.uk and follow @WaspsRugby on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram